On November 15 we met in Milan with partners, users, developers and administrators to celebrate 10 years of Forma and announce many important news.
The Forma world is constantly evolving.
During Forma Xperience 2023 , we talked about many innovations - especially in terms of accessibility and restyling - then we moved on to the news regarding the association and the presentation of Forma 5, next week's topic.
In 2024, we have some new features to relaunch and we intend to give new strength to the community and the association.
1. Public Repository
Finally, Forma is back on GitHub ! The platform's public repository has been updated again for developers who will be able to share fixes and contributions by sending us pull-requests directly . We hope this facilitates the collaboration of new independent developers and further accelerates the development of the project: check forma on Github now and help it grow!
2. More value to company members
More value reserved for company members: three plugins for Forma 4 will be available free of charge. 3 very useful plugins will be included and directly downloadable from the website:
- H5P : Creates new types of interactive and multimedia learning objects from the platform itself. Find out more HERE. The plugin is already available for Forma 3 in the download area of the site. We will soon release the update for Forma 4;
- Templedit : Creates and customizes Forma templates with the popular Forma Farm plugin
- LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability): Allows you to securely exchange information between the LMS and external learning tools with the LTI protocol.
3. New individual member pricing
For the first time since the association was founded, we've had to slightly increase the cost of individual memberships, which rises up to €180/year . The individual quota was designed for consultants or freelancers who use Forma for small individual projects, but unfortunately we know that the majority of members are actually companies. The new pricing and the new plugins for company members should rebalance the gap between the two memberships, and will help us support the association and the new challenges linked to the development of Forma 5 .
Take advantage of the Early Bird rates to join Forma! If you join by December 31st , you will be able to take advantage of significant discounts on both the individual and company rates.
Why should you join?
Whether you are a private individual or a company, being a member gives you important privileges as your annual membership will allow you to:
- Participate in association meetings;
- Vote on decisions regarding the association and products;
- Get exclusive access to beta versions and the latest stable version of Forma Lms;
- Obtain discounts on services from forma.lms partners;
- Obtain visibility on the "Members" page of the forma.lms website.
Membership fees will give us oxygen to maintain community services, promote Forma LMS around the world and continue our Forma 5 revolution.